LEAN MEAN CHEESEBURGER
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning blend
- 4 seeded or whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices low-fat cheese, such as Cheddar or American
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices (optional)
- Place oats in food-safe plastic bag. Seal bag securely, squeezing out excess air. Roll over bag with rolling pin to crush oats to a fine consistency.
- Combine Ground Beef, oats, and steak seasoning blend in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce and tomato, if desired; top with burger and cheese slice. Close sandwiches.